Sunday, February 14, 2010

Funny Valentine

Well here it is Valentines Day, and Mother Nature is sending us more Love. That is, if you love snow. It's been just warm enough to thaw around the edges of the few places the ground was peeking through, including the roads, which is not a good thing. This year a whole new generation is learning how to drive in mud. Some claim its a sign of the economy - that the county is short on money and gravel. We here are not so sure incompetence is not a larger factor. But whatever the cause, its not likely to get better anytime soon. Our visitors yesterday will be happy to verify our complaints.
It has been a busy week. The Sustainable Agriculture convention last weekend was great. And 'interesting'. Met several people as potential contacts, mentors, and friends. Opinions vary, but all share a concern and vision for humanity, the land, and our way of life. I managed to work on several projects, even if the results are not to tangible. Mural is progressing. Taxes are done and filed. Ad sent for the Iowa Sheep and Wool Festival. And of course, since I got a few projects done, I had to add a new one. I volunteered to make a wall quilt for the new Child Advocacy Center in Lincoln. If Larry the Cable guy can donate a million, the least I can do is a quilt. Besides, its fun. I can always use a new challenge. And, I already have several ideas. Oh - and I got a year older.
Today I get Braydon for a couple hours while the parents go for a Valentine lunch, then I'm off to an afternoon with the textile group. Nice way to spend a snowy day. Then with any luck, I can get a couple IPFU jobs done this week, and focus on new projects. Like the 25 silk scarves waiting to be dyed, and I finally got that wool to take black. So there soon will be lots of little black creatures lined up on the piano, as well as some spring ones for Easter.
So much to do, so little time. But not today, 'cause its Valentines.

No comments:

Post a Comment