Sunday, May 23, 2010

More time

I never could believe it - that line they kept telling us back when we were young that the older you get, the faster time goes. I guess maybe the clock moves at a different pace when you are dreading the social studies test you forgot to study for. Of course I know its not really true in the physics realm. And after all, time doesn't exist in the spiritual. Or maybe not at all if its only a matter of perception. But regardless, my perception of time seems to be changing.
I realized tht with Don gone to Kansas last weekend, my perception may be way off anyway. This is the 3rd weekend in a row that I have been left to my own devices and diversions. I have got a lot of little jobs done. I've mowed grass -3 times-, planted seeds, pulled weeds, painted walls and ceilings and silk scarves, needled on felt and nursery frills, and washed socks and sheets and fleece. Today, I'm dyeing again. But rest assured come 5:59, I will be settled in for the evening with home made pizza and a pile of handwork ( anyone out there know how many ties are on a set of bumper pads?) that probably wont get done, because I will be getting 'Lost' one last time.
Questions. Confusion. 'Lost' is probably a more true vision than any of us would like to admit. I know there are many days when I'm not sure where I am, or why. But I do know I am here for a purpose.
There is but a fine line between searching for the meaning of life, and the discovery that it's the searching that gives life meaning. Pretty deep stuff for an August-like day in May. It's that time of year. Last days of school. First days of summer. Memorial Day predictable storms. Time passes quickly. Outside my window, banks of white bow and bend in the wind. Spirea now. Seems like just last week it was snow.
Tomorrow is another 'signpost' day. Will post back with pictures when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment